Selecting the right Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for COVID-19 decontamination
At EnviroServe, we take the safety of our team—and yours—seriously. So when it comes to Personal Protective Equipment (or PPE), we take every precaution to minimize our team’s exposure to hazards that may cause injury or illness.
When performing SafeSiteSM COVID-19 decontamination service, the below listed PPE are the minimum requirements for EnviroServe Team Members. If you have questions regarding PPE, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (800) 488-0910; our team is here to help.
EnviroServe PPE for SafeSiteSM COVID-19 Response
- Full-Face Respirator – MSA Advantage 4000 series respirator taped all the way around seal
- Cartridges – MSA OV/P100: Organic Vapor cartridges for protection against quaternary ammonium disinfectant applied, and P100 HEPA particulate filter for protection against COVID-19 respiratory droplets
- Protective Suit – Tychem 2000 (QC127SYL or equivalent) hooded suit with elastic openings
- Gloves – Three layers of chemical-resistant nitrile gloves: two inner layers of 8-mil nitrile sampling/surgical gloves, and one outer layer of 15-mil nitrile chemical gloves taped to the protective suit
- Booties – Yellow nitrile hazmat booties worn over steel-toed work boots after protective suit and taped to the personal protective equipment suit
- Taping – All wrist, ankle, zipper, and respirator seams are taped to protective chemical suit using chem tape or red poly tape
Our team specializes in emergency and hazmat response, and remains COVID-19 free while working several COVID-19 decontamination service responses per day. When safety matters, call the experts in COVID-19 decontamination at (800) 488-0910.